Cash App’s Summer of Kotlin Multiplatform
At Cash App we use Kotlin on all of our platforms.
- In 2015, we started using ‘Project Kotlin’ in our Android app.
- In 2017, we chose Kotlin as our new language for backend services.
- In 2019, we began experimenting with Kotlin/Native on iOS.
In the tradition of Seven Days of Open Source and Square Open Source ♥s Kotlin, the next several weeks will be our Summer of Kotlin Multiplatform. We’re preparing a series of blog posts and open source releases on Kotlin Multiplatform.
We’ll use this page to collect each post in the series.
- June 6: Kotlin Multiplatform Money Formatter
- June 13: Dynamic Kotlin with Zipline
- June 21: Flow testing with Turbine
- June 27: Paraphrase: Type-Safe String Resource Formatting for Android
- July 5: Native UI and multiplatform Compose with Redwood
- July 12: Multiplatform image loading: Coil 3.0
- July 19: A stable, multiplatform Molecule 1.0
- July 26: Announcing SQLDelight 2.0
- August 2: Okio 3.5 has WASM
- August 9: Poko goes multiplatform
We’re excited to have
fun everywhere this summer.